Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hands On Deck.

I don't really know what to say to you. I don't really know how to talk to you. Have I ever known? Have I forgotten?

We say goodbye just after we say hello, and it makes me wonder if there was anything in between. Maybe our voices are machines. I do not like the way they operate.

"Please try again later," it says, just like a Magic Eight Ball. "Please try again later," but I know I won't.

Because I don't know how to talk to you. Every word every time is just like another breath, just like another step. The sneakers are making my toes hurt.

And I wonder if the pointless steps will ever lead me somewhere worth going, some place of my heart's destination. I close my eyes and dream about my shoes leading me through the dirt scattered around your house.

The phone rings and I answer it. And I answer it and I know that we will say goodbye. And we say goodbye just after we say hello.

And I wonder if there was ever anything in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment